The place that you have your group stand is important to group shots for a number of reasons. For starters it can give the photo context – We do not want anything distracting in the image. The background is more important than the foreground in most cases.
There is nothing that will make people posing for a photograph turn upon you faster than you not being prepared. People don’t like to be kept waiting so think ahead about some of the following aspects of your photo:
• The location will need to be scouted before hand to make sure your photographer is properly prepared
• Think ahead of how many people need to be in the large group image also can that large group be broken down into smaller groups like partners etc. Its easier to shoot it all at one time than having to come back on a later date.
• When will everyone be together to get the shot. Timing is everything with busy professionals.
• How will they dress. Everyone needs to look like a “Team” not a bunch of random colors and going on in your group image. It’s important to consider your brand colors when composing your wardrobe for your large corporate group photograph.
• After the group shot is finalized its also a good time to go ahead and update individual headshots at this time as well. You will get a much better price to shoot everyone at the same time instead of breaking up the group shots and headshots on different days or times, Plus it’s just easier to shoot everyone while they are all together.
• Hair and Makeup are also a key element in great headshots and group shots. You want everyone to look their best.